Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Import from 2.3 into 2.4b1 gives "no account could be found related to the email/username and pass..

rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one"NY ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Message "no account could be found related to the email/username and password you entered." upon import of a Vanilla 2.3 forum into a 2.4b1. Both have the same admin id and emailid which is correctly typed into the import screen. To be able to track the issue I tried the option to only generate SQL and then execute. I see the error message in step 5:

*** Sorry, no account could be found related to the email/username and password you entered.**
1. Initialize
2. Process Import File
3. Define Tables
4. Load User Table
5. Authenticate Admin User

I am unable to offer access to the forums but able to follow suggestions...

This is my first attempt to build and test a 2.4b1 forum...

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Generally, Vanilla recommend NOT using the porter/import function to upgrade between Vanilla versions.

I haven't tried 2.4 yet, so maybe something is different.

Typically for an upgrade, you copy over the files and then do the utility update bit.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Used to work in the past... The reason I used this method is that the source forum is hosted and the target is local so it was so much easier to port the content. What is the exact meaning of "copy over the files" (so that I won't miss anything)?

edited April 2017

If you've got a live hosted site, and you want to test a local version of an update using your current DB, you can use command line mySQL to import the live DB. (Assuming it is to big for phpMyAdmin to import.)

Set up a clean install of the update version, then drop all the tables of the new DB.

Download a copy of your live DB.

Use command line to start mySQL and USE your new DB.

Then use SOURCE and the location/name of your downloaded DB.

This will import all your data.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

Thanks @whu606, @vrijvlinder - given my limited time during my travels I think that the best way to proceed is to install 2.3 on the local server, get the remote server data and do a quick check that everything works fine in the local 2.3. Only then upgrade the local to 2.4b1. That way I will ensure that whatever problems are uncovered are not a result of porting to the local server. Right?

I don't know about 'right' but it it is what I do....