Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

any way for user to hide display of avatars?

I have some users that would like to not have the avatars show on the forum, is there a plugin that allows for that type of customization?

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can use a plugin like DefaultAvatar and use a custom avatar , then have them remove their profile image so the default avatar is the one that shows.

• Thanks for the suggestion... actually the scenario is that some users want to not show all avatars, not just necessarily theirs. Sort of like changing the theme to hide all avatars.

• One idea, I can copy one theme to another folder and then customize that one to hide avatars. That way I'm able to have the exact same theme but only hiding avatars. But in that case, how would I give a user the option to switch between themes?

• I found a ThemeChooser plugin, so trying to configure that.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@vrijvlinder With 2.3 there is no need for a default avatar plugin, because It's already inclused. You must go to Dashboard -> Appearance -> Avatars.

@rkleemann The ThemeChooser plugin can done this ^^ But you could also make a plugin for this ^^