Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What does 'Test URL' actually do

Friday I was testing my SSO setup, my website code only handled error conditions. When I tried the test url it would call my SSO code which returned JSON which had an error in it, but all the test url page did was show the JSON that was returned - is that expected?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The test url is your forum url you must add that in. Maybe the name test should be removed because it causes confusion ....

• jm109344jm109344 New
    edited May 2017

Not sure you follow, or I'm not following you. When I configure jsConnect it has a button to enable test url, when I click that and then click the "Test URL" link the my SSO code is called on my server, I then return data. What is the expected output on the browser? Currently all I get is the JSON I sent back from my SSO code.

So on the jsConnect settings page I click the "Test URL" link, my main sites SSO url is called and executed, it returns the JSON repsonse but all the is displayed on the browser window is the response

test({"uniqueid":15,"name":"jm109344@dummy.com","email":"jm109344@dummycom","photourl":"images/avatar.png","roles":"member,administrator","client_id":"1356740408","signature":"ebe6b6d11454859f34f41ba0ec032d2b0765433925b7c23784c0ef4fd2c66b7d"});

Is that what is expected? I would expecting a "success" or "failure" message

Thanks

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

no success or failure message , it either works or not, seems it works since it returned your data.