Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

what could be responsible for this? [RESOLVED]

chillexchillex New
edited May 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

anytime i install vanillaforums manually or from softaculous and click on the default vanillaforums post to see how it is, the sites keeps loading forever. if i write a new post and try to view the post, it still loads forever. other links work except posts links. what is wrong?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

How are we supposed to know that if you don't post the errors, a link or more info about your problems ?

No one else has these problems if they followed installation instructions. Please read the Tutorial category as well as the official docs.

No one can guess what your problem is without proper info. It's like if I asked you why my car won't start and not tell you anything else. How can you know whats wrong right ?

• Options

my site link is www.clamorcity.com. if i click on the post (BAM! You’ve got a sweet forum), my website will load indefinitely. but if i click on that same post on operamini, it will load fine

• Options

i also tried to register another account but the website will load for sometime and say "the connection was reset"

• Options

From Chrome Browser:

A Parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, http://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/dok3v=85b614c0f6/cloudflare.min.js, is invoked via document.write. This MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message.See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.
    (anonymous) @ bam-you-ve-got-a-sweet-forum:7

this is caused by something other than Vanilla. It can be your own internet connection or the browser or something else not related to vanilla.

• Options

it is also the same on firefox

• Options

Your forum loads fine for me. This might be happening only on your end ?

Try posting some discussions other than the default one.

• Options

it loads in under 2 second which is pretty good. Try disabling cloudflare, with CDN you are reliant on them

I also predict using rocket.js will cause problems unless you are doing al but the simplest forum.

grep is your friend.

• Options

In firefox click Ctrl+Shift+K reload the page you will see the network traffic.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Problem solved. I used another network provider and the site is loading fine now. So, the problem is from my former ISP. Thank you all for you help so far

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@chillex
    Glad you got the issue resolved.

Maybe if you ask another question you could make the title a bit more specific so it is clear what the issue involves?