Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Quoting new post content in notification email.

I want to add the content of a new reply to a discussion to the email notifications.

My best guess at the moment is to add something to $Definition['EmailNotification'] and $Definition['EmailStoryNotification'], in conf/locale.php. But I don't know what to add.

Also related, how do I figure out the meaning of %1$s, %2$s, etc? I'd guess it depends on the context where, in this case, EmailNotification and EmailStoryNotification appears?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@RodSloan said:
    I want to add the content of a new reply to a discussion to the email notifications.

My best guess at the moment is to add something to $Definition['EmailNotification'] and $Definition['EmailStoryNotification'], in conf/locale.php. But I don't know what to add.

As far as I can tell those translations belong to a plugin: EMailSubscribe. They wouldn't be of any use here.

The notifications are initiated when a content is saved, so you would have to look at the CommentModel. The long text of an Activity is called story and see what is found when you look in the CommentModel for Story!

I would say adding $Configuration['Vanilla']['Activity']['ShowCommentBody'] = true; to your /conf/config.php should do the trick!

@RodSloan said:

Also related, how do I figure out the meaning of %1$s, %2$s, etc? I'd guess it depends on the context where, in this case, EmailNotification and EmailStoryNotification appears?

That's hard to find, but you can read it up here.

• Thank you, this was very insightful.