Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

jsConnect not auto creating or siging in users

Have jsConnect (1.5.3) setup in Vanilla 2.3, a user logs into my site and then they see a "forum" link, this link sends them to "http://mysite/sso". My sso code is called and returns the information to Vanilla, however; Vanilla doesn't create the user on the vanilla DB and the user is presented with a screen that says

Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
[my avatar] jm109344@gmail.com
Sign in with [site name]
Sign-in button Register button

I'm not sure where/if Vanilla logs any messages indicating if an error occurred.

I have edited config.php and added
$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['AutoConnect'] = true;

which I read in some other posts.

The 'Registration' page is set to 'connect' (I also unchecked the 'Require users to confirm their email addresses (recommended)' as my site already does this).
jsConnect settings

• This is trusted connection and can sync roles & permissions. checked
  • Make this connection your default signin method. checked
  • I have tried tried checking and unchecking the "this connection is in test-mode"

I did set the hash mode to be 'sha256'

Any ideas on what I might be missing or a way to get Vanilla/jsConnect to display some error/debug information on why it maybe failing (assuming that is what is happening)

Thank You

Answers

• Hi, I just went through this the last few days and finally have succes... I have found the details matter per type of setup you are using.

1.) Is your forum embeded into your main website?
    2.) Are you using any kind of framework with your site?
    3.) Can you post your live or dev URL?

Donovan