Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Disable Spoiler addon

How can I disable the Spoiler addon added to Vanilla 2.3 by default?
Any solution?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

If you are referring to the Spoiler option in the advanced editor, you can comment out the relevant lines in class.editor.plugin in the editor folder in plugins.

Bear in mind, this change will be overwritten any time you update Vanilla.

• ProsperProsper ✭✭

@whu606 - yes I'm talking about the spoiler option in advanced editor. Commenting out the relevant lines, will it remove the JavaScript and CSS files? I want to get rid of the files.

edited May 2017

No, commenting out won't remove any files. If you don't understand what commenting out will do, then I would suggest you don't do it.

Which files do you want to get rid of, and why?

If we are talking about the same thing, the Spoiler option is one part of the advanced editor. It doesn't have its own css or js files, afaIk.

Rather than dish out information bit by bit, adding questions as you go, it would be better if you started with the rationale for why you want to do things.

Explain why you want to get rid of the relevant files, and why you want to get rid of the Spoiler option, and it will be easier to give you the answer you are looking for.

• ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited May 2017

I am just trying to avoid too many javascript and css files that slows down webpage especially on mobile devices.
    The spoiler js and css files are located separate from Advanced Editor, am I right?

http://www.yourforum.com/applications/dashboard/js/spoilers.js?v=2.3
    http://www.yourforum.com/applications/dashboard/design/spoilers.css?v=2.3

I guess it is better to sacrifice Spoiler addon in other to improve the speed of vanilla forum.

They are a total of 4kb.

If your site is slow, there are a lot of things you should check before you get down to reducing js and css files loading.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I know you are always concerned about bandwidth, Prosper. Please read about caching. If that is enabled all your users have to download those files only once. If they are visiting your forum more than once, those files doesn't need to be downloaded again.

• ProsperProsper ✭✭

@R_J and @whu606 - thank you.