HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

WYSIWYG Posting or Basic Formatting for posts

Hello, for posting, I did figure out that one can use HTML markup by default.. but in general, what do you guys suggest for a nice / easy formatting solutions for posting? I think simple and elegant is the goal here.. maybe something like this forum, which has one line of about 10 buttons above this textarea.

TIA,
Donovan

Comments

• FYI, I see a few options in the Addons.. tinyMCE, etc.. just wondering what your best recommendations are there.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Use the one that comes with vanilla called Advanced editor and pick whatever formatting you want to use in the settings... all other editor addons are obsolete

• I'm getting an error:

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 3
    npm ERR! advanced-editor@ build: grunt
    npm ERR! Exit status 3
    npm ERR!
    npm ERR! Failed at the advanced-editor@ build script 'grunt'.
    npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
    npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the advanced-editor package,
    npm ERR! not with npm itself.
    npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
    npm ERR! grunt
    npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
    npm ERR! npm bugs advanced-editor
    npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
    npm ERR! npm owner ls advanced-editor
    npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

• :-) Okay, I made this much more difficult than needed.. for some reason, didn't see the plugin in the plug-ins admin and then tried to build it in the source. Nothing to see here.. NM! :-)