Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

View not found.

madimadi New
edited May 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi There,

I just follow the instructions, fresh install. v2.3

Tagging installed. Enabled.
Tagging disabled.
Tagging enhanced installed.
Tagging enhanced enabled.

When clicked on Tagging settings, received this empty page:

"View not found.
The view you were looking for could not be found."

It is strange, when Im enabling, its redirecting to:

mydomain.com/settings/plugins/all

and not
mydomain.com/dashboard/settings/plugins/all

What did I go wrong?
Thx, madi

Comments

• @sprockett

so, this is strange... I delete the full folder of Tagging when disabled and uploaded the Tagging enhanced plugin to Tagging folder, as advised.

• Here are some more details

Trace
    #0 /home/iskolafo/public_html/library/core/class.controller.php(847): notFoundException('View')
    #1 /home/iskolafo/public_html/library/core/class.controller.php(704): Gdn_Controller->fetchViewLocation('plugins/Tagging...', false, false)
    #2 /home/iskolafo/public_html/library/core/class.controller.php(1242): Gdn_Controller->fetchView('plugins/Tagging...', false, false)
    #3 /home/iskolafo/public_html/library/core/class.pluggable.php(201): Gdn_Controller->xRender('plugins/Tagging...')
    #4 /home/iskolafo/public_html/plugins/Tagging/class.tagging.plugin.php(599): Gdn_Pluggable->__call('Render', Array)
    #5 /home/iskolafo/public_html/plugins/Tagging/class.tagging.plugin.php(599): SettingsController->Render('plugins/Tagging...')
    #6 [internal function]: TaggingPlugin->SettingsController_Tagging_Create(Object(SettingsController))
    #7 /home/iskolafo/public_html/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(313): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #8 /home/iskolafo/public_html/index.php(44): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
    #9 {main}

Debug Trace

Info    
    View Paths: array (
      0 => '/home/iskolafo/public_html/themes/default/dashboard/views/settings/plugins/Tagging/views/tagging.php.*',
      1 => '/home/iskolafo/public_html/themes/default/views/settings/plugins/Tagging/views/tagging.php.*',
      2 => '/home/iskolafo/public_html/applications/dashboard/views/settings/plugins/Tagging/views/tagging.php.*',
    )

Do you have any idea?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That plugin is no longer compatible with Vanilla 2.3.1

• Hi vrijvlinder, thanks for the info...
    Is there any way to make this plugin compatible with Vanilla 2.3.1?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Everything is possible, but you have to ask yourself if it is worth the effort. The plugin came into existence as a clone of the standard plugin. That's why the code base is quite old. There have been improvements and security fixes made since then. All those changes are not in this old plugin.

Yes, you can surely make it work somehow, but I think it would be wiser to pick that "enhanced" features and try to implement them properly: as enhancements to the official tagging plugin.

• Hi R_J, thanks for the reply.
    I just wanted to use the tag search in categories with variable like: /discussions/tagged/ovoda&catid=1
    With the standard plugin, its not possible as I see.

br, madi

Try if adding $Configuration['Plugins']['Tagging']['CategorySearch'] = true; or $Configuration['Plugins']['Tagging']['UseCategories'] = true; help in any way.

• I turned on both, but now I do not know how is this working.
    Tagging link has changed, and there is an /x/ added to url.
    For example:

discussions/tagged/x/keyword

Tried to enter category name or CategoryID (1539) in place of x, but its not restricted the result.

Records looks like this now in table GDN_TagDiscussion

TagID 5
    DiscussionID 5
    CategoryID 1539

Also, DiscussionID 5 has records in field tags: keyword,keyword2

Could not find any documentation about the usage :(
    Br, madi

I'm also not sure but I guess when you look at example.com/category/something, you only see the tags from that category.

• Yes, you are right.
    But this is just refers to the sidebox.
    When Im opening a category, the "Box Tags" restricted to tags only can be found in selected category.
    So this is showing tags per category. Clicking one of the tags, showing again all the discussions with picked tag.

I searching for a resolution, where I am able to listing all the discussions from a category, tagged with one special tag.
    For example.
    Show only discussions with tag "Keyword" which can be found in "Category1".

Br, madi