Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Class MenuModule Not Found...

Just updated to 2.3.1, but now I'm getting the following error:

Class MenuModule not found while trying to get an object for Menu. Check the path .
The error occurred on or near: /home/content/47/6647547/html/forum/library/core/class.factory.php
72: }
73: }
74:
75: if (!class_exists($ClassName, false)) {
76: throw new Exception(sprintf('Class %s not found while trying to get an object for %s. Check the path %s.', $ClassName, $Alias, $Def['Path']));
77: }
78:
79: // Create the object differently depending on the type.
80: $Result = null;
Backtrace:
[/home/content/47/6647547/html/forum/library/core/class.gdn.php:187] Gdn_Factory->factory();
[/home/content/47/6647547/html/forum/applications/dashboard/settings/bootstrap.php:19] Gdn::factory();
[/home/content/47/6647547/html/forum/bootstrap.php:204] PHP::include_once();
[/home/content/47/6647547/html/forum/index.php:32] PHP::require_once();

Additional information for support personnel:
Application: Vanilla
Application Version: 2.3.1
PHP Version: 5.4.19
Operating System: Linux
Server Software: Apache
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_5) AppleWebKit/603.2.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.1 Safari/603.2.4
Request Uri: /forum/utility/update
Controller: Gdn_Factory
Method: factory

Can somebody help me with a solution?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

how did you update ? with a one click installer or did you upload via ftp?

Either way looks like the upload was not successful... or you have the wrong php version. Or your htaccess file is wrong.

• Uploaded via FTP.

Went OK, but then gave me the "requires PHP 5.4 or greater" error message. So I instructed my host to update my PHP from 5.3 to 5.4, and then I started getting this error.

I've deleted the .htaccess file, but now I'm getting a 500 Internal Server error when I try to access the site, so obviously I screwed it up even worse.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

I think you should update your PHP version to 5.6 because Vanilla 2.4 will need it ^^
    And you need to have the .htaccess file.
    Vanilla contains more than 1000 files so a transfert problem is easy. Resend all files (to replace old files) and if Vanilla is already installed, go to yourforumroot/utility/update and yourforumroot/utility/structure (clic scan and apply changes. If it says update fails, reload).
    If It's not installed, follow the basic install rules.