Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Newb problem - can't access dashboard because of JS connect

canadiencanadien New
edited May 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I inadvertently check the "Make this connection your default signing method" option which prevent me to access my dashboard because of the redirection. Is there a way to uncheck it using ftp or tables with myphpadmin?

Thanks for the hint!

Comments

• steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo

Search this parameter on \conf\config.php file and modify it.

• Thanks for the hint, steam. Indeed I check there prior posting this thread and there is not a specific line for this function in the config file. I tried to find it elsewhere but could not...?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Turn it off from the config.php by changing true to false where it mentions the enabled plugin .. the config.php is a back door to the dashboard settings. You can disable plugins or anything if you suddenly don't have access.

• steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo

@canadien dijo:
    Thanks for the hint, steam. Indeed I check there prior posting this thread and there is not a specific line for this function in the config file. I tried to find it elsewhere but could not...?

1 Save your config.php file
    2 Delete all lines with $Configuration['Plugin']...
    3 Check

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Not sure if this is only for other login methods, but there is a "IsDefault" coulmn in "GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider" which might be what you are looking for.
    But it might be possible that this is only for other SSO plugins...

• canadiencanadien New
    edited May 2017

@R_J a dit :
    Not sure if this is only for other login methods, but there is a "IsDefault" coulmn in "GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider" which might be what you are looking for.

Thanks you so much R_J!!

This is exactly what I was looking for before writing this thread but could not find among all the GDN tables.

I suppose you used PHPadmin search engine to find it. Then I'll try to develop my skills related with it.

Thanks to @vrijvlinder and @steam as well. I tried both of your suggestions before writing this thread as well, but it did not work out!

Cheers to all!!

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@canadien said:
    I suppose you used PHPadmin search engine to find it. Then I'll try to develop my skills related with it.

No, I was writing a plugin that uses OAuth2 when I came across that field.

I never heard of a PHPMyAdmin search engine before, sounds like a useful tool. But if you get some knowledge about Vanilla, you might not need to use that at all.

Look into the /applications folder: there is conversations, dashboard and vanilla. While conversations holds everything that is connected to the conversation messages, dashboard is there for the backend and the user management. vanilla is the folder where everything that makes a forum is done: categories, discussions, comments.
    In each of the above mentioned subfolders of /applications you will find a subfolder called settings and in that there is a file structure.php. Take a look at that file! Without even knowing how to program, you will be able to read that file and maybe you find some interesting information there which that PHPMyAdmin search engine could never provide :wink:

• Thanks for this precious and useful hints, @R_J ! I will make sure to rely on the structure files in my upcoming bugs :-)