HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Split/Merge plugin after disable

kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

I can not find a solution to this problem:

The only mention of the word "Merged" / "Об’єднані" (Cyrillic translation) present in the file site_core.php $Definition['Merged: %s']='Об’єднані: %s';

I disabled all plugins, changed the default theme. Deleted cache ( ini.file ) Nothing changed :(

Use Vanilla 2.3

Best Answer

Answers

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The translation is needed in the moment when a discussion is merged. The name of the new discussion is changed. After the merge, the discussions name is like any other name only an entry in the database. You have to edit the discussion to change the name.

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

@R_J написал:
    The translation is needed in the moment when a discussion is merged. The name of the new discussion is changed. After the merge, the discussions name is like any other name only an entry in the database. You have to edit the discussion to change the name.

Sorry @R_J but I did not understand explanation :( how to understand this - the word "Merged" translated even when I am removed from the file site_core.php ( $Definition['Merged: %s']='Об’єднані: %s';)
    I tried to apply it in Portuguese language translation ($ Definition [ 'Merged:% s'] = Unido:% s';) but translation is not working. I just deleted the mentioned word from the database. Maybe it's the wrong decision.

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

@R_J написал:
    Translations are only done for dynamic content. The title of a discussion is a "fixed" info. You can see the title of a discussion in the GDN_Discussion table of your database. The title will never be translated. Everything you see in the column "Name" of the table "GDN_Discussion" will be used without translation as the title of a discussion.

Thank you, now it is clear :-)