HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Poke Plug In

Is there any plug in to users poke each others? Like click a button on the other user page to poke and the other one is notificated.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@filhosdpuc

Yes, Vanilla has mentions by default.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@whu606 while mentions are a totally needed feature, "poking" users is the most ridiculous feature a social network could offer. To my opinion that feature is only for complete idiots.

@filhosdpuc I don't think such a plugin has existed. Normally I really don't write plugins which offer a completely senseless feature. The only thing that made me think about it was that it would be not very complex, but including some rarely to be found features... I got tempted and this is what I came up with.

Next thing after downloading it might be to check the tutorial section here and look for how to change the wording... >:)

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@R_J: Shall i make an idiotic icon for it? ;)

I think even Facebook killed the feature which was implemented as a sort of flirt functionality. In online communities it is often used as the digital translation of making "eye contact". Maybe there are reasons were this functionality plays out well. Like role-play forums or similar.

@filhosdpuc: What would you use it for?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

@phreak said:
    @R_J: Shall i make an idiotic icon for it? ;)

Not worth it, if you ask me...

I was merely attracted by thinking of a small plugin with nothing more than notification function. Having built something like that is a nice reference for myself, if I ever have to look at how that is done.

• Hahahaha thank you very much @R_J, you made my day, and @phreak I would like to use this poke for flirt reasons.

• edy123edy123 New York,NY New

as i was being curious to see how the script works. i got this error warning when trying to kick a$$ You don't have permission to do that

@edy123 said:
    as i was being curious to see how the script works. i got this error warning when trying to kick a$$ You don't have permission to do that

Oh yes, I guess that happens when your users profiles look like "/profile/groucho" instead of "/profile/4/groucho". My fault. I'll fix that...

Fixed. Thanks for the hint, @edy123!