Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New to Vanilla - Where is config.php?

Hi,

I just downloaded Vanilla to see if I can migrate my vBulletin 4.2.

First thing, I want to config database, user, etc., but config.php is missing. At /conf I find only config-dafault and constant.php.

What do I do?

Please, help!!!

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The config.php is generated upon installation . Please read the documentation before you do anything.

• Hi vrijvlinder! thanks!
    I can't find any documentation as to install and config the software. Any step by step manual? Pls paste the link. I have checked Documentation menu and find help for the cloud based forum, not the one I need.

thanks!

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

When you download the software , it should have a README file with instructions.

You need to go through the set up in order to generate the config.php , you just can't do it by simply uploading the software.

When you upload the software, go to the forum url , it should be a set up page.

yourwebsite.com/forum/setup

There is where you input the info of the database etc. after that the config.php gets generated.