Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

From local server to prod server..

Hello !

I need to send my local vanilla forum to my production server.

I have tried with Vanilla Porter, someon said me : "Vanilla porter is no Vanilla backup solution !"

and:

**Install a clean version of Vanilla on your remote server and simply
a) copy the /conf folder
b) copy the /uploads folder
c) import the sql backup

you would have done what a backup mechanism would do.

Afterwards you have to change the database credentials.
It never hurts to delete all *.ini files in the /cache folder.**

(https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/33645/fatal-error-in-php-trigger-error-table-doesnt-exist#latest)

I have tried that but I have now a Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Connection();

An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
The error occurred on or near: /home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/library/database/class.database.php

--

171:             if ($Timeout) {
172:                 throw new Exception(errorMessage('Timeout while connecting to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex-

getMessage()), 504);

173:             }
174: 
175:             throw new Exception(errorMessage('An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database', $this->ClassName, 
'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), 500);
176:         }
177: 
178:         return $PDO;
179:     }

--

Backtrace:
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/library/database/class.database.php:102] Gdn_Database->newPDO();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/library/database/class.database.php:502] Gdn_Database->connection();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/library/database/class.database.php:368] Gdn_Database->slave();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1663] Gdn_Database->query();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:884] Gdn_SQLDriver->query();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/applications/dashboard/models/class.rolemodel.php:230] Gdn_SQLDriver->getWhere();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/applications/dashboard/models/class.permissionmodel.php:511]         RoleModel::getDefaultRoles();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:1094] PermissionModel-        >cachePermissions();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/library/core/class.session.php:462] UserModel->definePermissions();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/library/core/class.auth.php:59] Gdn_Session->start();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/bootstrap.php:240] Gdn_Auth->startAuthenticator();
[/home/serapictlr/www/lerenardetlacawotte/index.php:32] PHP::require_once();

Can someone help me to simply send my database and my config on my remote server ?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@illysane said:

Afterwards you have to change the database credentials.

Sounds like you forgot to do that

• It's done :/ Obviously the first thing I checked.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You don't need to use porter from what I know to go from one Vanilla forum to another .

Backup and download to save the database and then you import it in the dashboard.

You run utility/structure by entering in the url bar

yoursite.com/forum/utility/structure.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Please check the database settings again. Look at /conf/config.php and ensure that those lines:

// Database
    $Configuration['Database']['Name'] = 'the name of your database';
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'the mysql server'; 
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = 'the mysql user';
    $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = 'the password';

Do you have started with a clean install on that remote system? Whatever you have been using for that installation must be in this lines.

The error message above shows that your database cannot be reached, more probably, that the database host cannot be reached. The host will most probably be "localhost" or "127.0.0.1". If you have used "localhost", try "127.0.0.1". Maybe your server hasn't set up its hosts file correctly.

• @vrijvlinder said:

Backup and download to save the database and then you import it in the dashboard.

You run utility/structure by entering in the url bar

yoursite.com/forum/utility/structure.

It's OK ! Thanks you :)