Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Compiling??? the addons..

Hi there good people. I have been having a spot of bother getting the files in github to work..

Now wuw there before you all tut and say "derr read the bit that says you can't", I have done that..

I have composer installed, but for the life of me I have no idea how to feed in the stuff.json from github, and squeeze out nice fat php files to export up to my hosting people.

Unfortunately I only have a hosting account, and they won't give me shell access, so I am trying to bodge things locally so I can pop them up to the hosting DIR.

Does anyone have the syntax, or an example of how one can take the files in the add on bit of github, and turn them in to something useable?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this..

LG

PS: Just to be clear... I need to take files from github, and locally compile? them to export in to the plugin dir of my web dir.

Answers

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Generally you would only have to download the zip from GitHub extract it and upload whatever plugin you need from the addon repository.

Sadly, that would be unbelievably hard by now. The branch named "2.3", which you would expect would be the correct branch for Vanilla 2.3, is unusable with Vanilla 2.3 because the plugin info array has already been replaced like it would be needed for the future Vanilla releases.

I couldn't tell which branch is suited for Vanilla 2.3.1. By now I wouldn't say there is no other option than only looking at single plugins.

Take the Q&A plugin as an example: https://github.com/vanilla/addons/tree/master/plugins/QnA

First check if you see a file called "addon.json" if yes, proceed to the history tab, because the version you are looking at is too young and will not work with Vanilla 2.3.1

https://github.com/vanilla/addons/commits/master/plugins/QnA/class.qna.plugin.php

Search for commits before "Convert addons info array to addon.json" If you find a "addSideMenu" in the plugin, you most probably can use that plugin. But it really is very tedious...