HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to make private communities?

Here's what I want to make:
When somebody pays, they get their own private community which nobody can access except them and the people they invite into that community. The person who pays is assigned a moderator role only in that community. There could be many communities. How could this be done?

Comments

• Options

@vrijvlinder , can you be of assistance to this matter?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

There is a plugin called Private Community that comes with Vanilla, there is also a plugin called force redirect ... you can find more info by searching the forum....

• Options

@vrijvlinder , I want sub communities to be private, not the whole main forum.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Do you know what the word communities means ? or Sub communities ? That means separate forums. A forum is a community if there are users.

Maybe what you want is to form groups and restrict those to certain discussions.. Or give special permissions to specific roles for a specific category.. Look for plugins that do this... there is a search bar in the addon section...

Anyway the whole thing requires that you create roles and give them special permissions.. Since I don't use this at all, don't ask me how to do it. Maybe someone else can help you.