HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to create page a new page without plugins?

poinspoins New
edited July 2017 in General Banter

I want to create a new page with the vanilla menu, sidebar, and footer I have for my other pages. I am trying to achieve this without the use of any plugin like custom pages and basic pages. I want to do this strictly with code. How can I achieve this? Thanks for all the help.

Comments

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

I didn't know if there is a way to call panels and events outside Vanilla, so I think you could create a plugin because I think it's the easiest way ^^

• poinspoins New
    edited July 2017

@k17 , how can I do it without the panels etc.? I want to make a page with a link called website.com/communities. This should all be done without a plugin. How can I do this?

edited July 2017

I'm not sure I really understand your situation @poins , I recap:
    You want to create a page wich is outside your Vanilla install but with all your Vanilla theme ?

• @k17 , it doesn't have to have my theme, panel etc. I want the URL to be website.com/communities.

Just create a page at this adress like all others html content all over the web.

• @k17 , I'm new to programming and not sure how to do that. Can you please explain. Sorry.

edited July 2017

@poins said:
    I want to do this strictly with code.

So #DIY.

• poinspoins New
    edited July 2017

@K17 , can you explain please. sorry.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

This is not a coder school. You must already understand the basics. Go read some tutorials.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_editors.asp

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@poins can you explain why you want this without plugins?

• @rbrahmson , I would like to create a new page at website.com/communities with or without the panel and my theme. How can I do this without plugins, but just code?

You don't clearly explain what you want to do so we could'nt help you at all.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@K17 said:
    You don't clearly explain what you want to do so we could'nt help you at all.

He did explain just as aarong and his other banned aliases did. He has no idea what he is doing and does not understand nor want to understand the way the framework works. I suggest not wasting time with this user who refuses to learn. He won't understand anything anyway. He should be banned again because he is wasting people's time and that is what a trill is.

This discussion has been closed.