Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Emoji Extender Custom Set doesn't appear to work on mobile devices?

Hi all, I've created a custom emoji set but for some reason it doesn't appear to work on any browsers on a computer running OSX Sierra, nor on any iOS mobile devices. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

They work on my computer running El Capitan and other laptops with older Apple OS.

Comments

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@demifugue a dit :
    Is there something I'm doing wrong?

You are using Apple devices :lol:

Seriously, can you tell us wich theme are u using.
    Have you tried with another web browser ?

• I'm using Bootstrap 2.3.1 and I've tried it across multiple browsers and computers :)

Have you set Bootstrap theme for both deskttop and mobile devices or are you using another mobile theme?

• Oh I'd forgotten about that! It looks like I'm using a mobile theme called "Mobile 2012".

But I still don't understand why it doesn't work on computers running OSX Sierra? I've tested with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome browsers.

I think it would work, if you use Chrome, FF or Safari and no matter the operating system... .Have you a link ?
    I do not really know about Apple products, but I could see from Ubuntu ^^

• My forum is private so I would have to make you a test username and password to look at it.

It also seems if I disable the extender and add the emojis directly to the resources/emoji folder and add the arrays to the class.emoji.php all of the emojis work for everyone and on mobile... ?

It's not a good idea to edit core files because it will not be followed by updates.
    I tried to make the same but I can't reproduce your problem.

• Thanks for trying @K17! It must be some weird apple thing :(

• What kind of emoji?maybe your proword is wrong.Check it out.