HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Promoting a topic

Hello. Please tell me, only admins can vote "promote" to a discussion?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

No. But you have to give your member role the permissions needed.

• Can you please tell me how to do this? I tried all the options .... Let's say i want members to have the promote and spam button... i went to roles and permissions...members...and under yaga -reactions i checked all available options...add, edit, manage, view..and still promote and spam buttons don't appear to regular members..i have only insightful, awesome, lol and wtf buttons

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You must create a promote button first, you can create any kind of button and then give it permissions.

• The promote button is created. I can see it logged in as admin but not when i switch to a member account

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Promote and Spam are Rank dependent reactions. The idea is that users earn the right to use those button based on their points. For example , here on this forum, it takes a user at least 5k reaction points to earn the rank MVP which allows to promote and to mark as spam. The reason is that those two buttons can be abused.

Not sure if you have enabled Ranks ....