HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Best way/addon to filter unappropriate content?

edited August 2017 in General Banter

https://bboard.cf/discussion/3/prohibited-content
I need to automatically filter contents listed here as most as possible. (and if you are familiar with this, this is from the Adsense policy)
Is the bundled stopforumspam addon sufficient to do this job or is there any addon that does this job?

Best Answer

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017 Answer ✓

Welcome to the community!

If your goal is to absolutely prevent any spam I concur with RJ - your only option is moderation. However, if your goal is either reduce inappropriate content or demonstrate that you do that, there are several plugins that may help you:

• The Cvil Tounge plugin mentioned by Vrijvlinder
    • The Relevant Topic plugin
    • The Title Minimal plugin
    • The Askimet plugin
    • The Promote After Moderated plugin gives you the option to moderate new users until you trust them (based on the number of approved posts). It's a very convenient way to limit the burden of moderation.
    • If you require user registration there are several options and plugins that block bots

And of course on top of these you can write your own plugin - Vanilla is very flexible. There are volunteers on this forum that would help you create a plugin that fits your personal needs.

Note: I only use some of the above mentioned plugins. You may need a combination of these to achieve your goal.

Answers

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Moderation is the only solution. There is no way to differentiate between some discussion about one of those topics and the "abuse" that you want to prevent.

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017 Answer ✓

Welcome to the community!

If your goal is to absolutely prevent any spam I concur with RJ - your only option is moderation. However, if your goal is either reduce inappropriate content or demonstrate that you do that, there are several plugins that may help you:

• The Cvil Tounge plugin mentioned by Vrijvlinder
    • The Relevant Topic plugin
    • The Title Minimal plugin
    • The Askimet plugin
    • The Promote After Moderated plugin gives you the option to moderate new users until you trust them (based on the number of approved posts). It's a very convenient way to limit the burden of moderation.
    • If you require user registration there are several options and plugins that block bots

And of course on top of these you can write your own plugin - Vanilla is very flexible. There are volunteers on this forum that would help you create a plugin that fits your personal needs.

Note: I only use some of the above mentioned plugins. You may need a combination of these to achieve your goal.