HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Using Desktop Theme On Mobile

Hi guys, I have the bootstrap theme available for my desktop view but don't know how to also use on mobile as it is a responsive one. Can someone teach me how to use a responsive template on both desktop and mobile, the mobile themes look wack (sorry to say) :(

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Go into your config.php and find the Configuration for the mobile theme, replace the default with the name of theme you are using the same as for the desktop.

• @charrondev said:
    As @vrijvlinder stated, you can just set the $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] to the same thing as your$Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] value. That will cause Vanilla to use the same mobile and desktop theme. That alone does not a make a theme "responsive" though, the theme itself needs to consider various device sizes and dimensions and make the appropriate considerations.

That will require a lot of custom CSS of your own, or custom theme that has already done that. If you would like to see an example of a Vanilla Forum that does make these considerations, and provides a good experience on desktop and mobile I'd recommend you take a look at the design of the recently launched Ovarian Cancer Canada forum.

Thank you sir