Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Forum won't load on website...

Hey there. Newbie here. I have a site hosted on godaddy and from there installed the version2.3 forum. Everything works great, except the embed. I have the settings enabled for embed through the admin page. And also I activated and have the embed friendly template/theme. I read everything I could find and thought it might be a script issue on my page www.magneticintrusion.com
But, I don't think it is, as I have gone as far as to strip a page to the minimum and embed the forum on that with the same results www.magneticintrusion.com/index1.html
And here is the forum as it is installed www.magneticintrusion.com/forum
So, I am stumped after trying the advanced settings and everything else half a day.
Am I overthinking and missed something simple, or is this not going to work for some other reason? Thanks for any help!!!

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@JammanLV

Welcome to the community.

Your link to your forum throws a 404.

Although an embed option is provided, the general advice is to theme your forum to match your main site.

Vanilla is very easy to customise either through a custom theme, or by using the CSSedit plugin to make changes directly via the dashboard: https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/cssedit-plugin

• I've got the same 404 page as whu606 describes when I go to your forum, and when I go to http://www.magneticintrusion.com/index1.html and look at the source I don't see any reference to embed.js.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2017

@JammanLV I noticed the "I" in "Intrusion" in your custom font is out of whack and not consistent. The is becuase capitals in this font aren't as custom and don't have the lean or angles.

A simple way to solve this is to add text-transform: lowercase; to that class and therefore the font will work nicely and text readers will still have the capitalisation.

grep is your friend.

• Thanks for the advice. Very nice to take the time to do that!!!

• no worries.

grep is your friend.