Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mobile theme width off when adding icons to categories/ seperate mobile theme?

Hello, the page looks great on a desktop but when using my iphone viewing the forum each category and icon shift to the right instead of everything in list form as the default mobile example in the dashboard.

Also I cannot find a way to upload a different mobile responsive theme and have a different theme in general for desktop/laptop, tablets.

Best Answer

Answers

• upyergameupyergame New
    edited September 2017

this is what it looks like, instead of listed to the left it indents every category on the mobile site....sorry, meant to attach previously

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Hi :D
    For help us understanding your problem, could you give us the name of the mobile theme you are running ?

If you want ti use a mobile theme, just download it from the addons repo, and upload it to the /themes folder of your Vanilla install.
    If you want to use a desktop but responsive theme, you need to edit your conf/config.php file by editing the$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'mobile'; line and replace 'mobile' (or anything else) by the theme's folder name.
    (Exemple, if you use the Minus Baseline theme it will be $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'minusbaseline';)

Vanilla will use the mobile theme for small tablets (based on the user-agent)

• Bitter Sweetversion 1.1and mobile 2012....I will experiment with the solutions above and let you know, and thank you!!!

• thanks! it worked! any ideas how to include a logo on the mobile theme? also if I go with another theme you mentioned it will be both desktop and responsive if I follow what you said above, in other words any device will work and look nice and neat? sorry for these questions, I am new to this

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

The MinusBaseline is a mobile-only theme ^^ I used the name only for exemple. But this is a really good theme for mobile, I prefer it than mobile 2012 ^^
    The responsive themes available here are:

I put only the ones I know.
    The bootstrap theme is the one who are the most used.
    I personnaly prefer to use the mobile-only MinusBaseline theme ^^ It's really easy to get from desktop to mobile with it for me.

You can be a newbie ^^ We were all like this before know forums, and Vanilla ^^