Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is it possible to disable a category to have discussions ?

Because when you click NEW DISCUSSION button you can publish it in any of the categories.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Dashboard- Forum -Categories - choose your category, and set custom permissions.

Uncheck 'Add' from the relevant roles.

• Ah thanks but the problem is that I want to disable the NEW DISCUSSION only for the parent category. Not for the categories inside it...

• migswdmigswd New
    edited September 2017

Ah sorry, I know : I do the same for the sub categories inside : custom permissions and check 'Add' from roles :)

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

You can also use perent categories as headings, this will not let users post in the parent

• Ah yes good proposal. But if I do that the template is different and show the sub categories without the numbers of discussion and responses. And thats bad for me !

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

I forgot that fact ^^
    EDIT: why are you discussing in the 2.0 to 2.2 category ? You're not using 2.3 ?