Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to display nicely in the footer?

I get changing the target to footer but how do you get the footer display to look like some of the screenshots?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You would need to edit the css for the plugin or your theme. If you can post an image of what it looks like I will get a better idea how to help.

• Here is what the footer looks like now.

Ok please make me a temp user account called TempUser and send login via pm

• Message sent! Thanks so much

Ok, I will try but it will take me some time to sort it out. Basically you put it in the foot and it is behaving as if it was still in the panel because of the css for stuff in the panel. I will have to write some extra css to make it work where for where it is.

• Oh wow thanks so much for your help. I am still a complete css novice. I mean I love what you can do with css but I still make a lot of mistakes.

• Any luck?

The css to make that work for your theme is too much time consuming work to be honest, after I tried, I would need to almost redesign your entire theme. The box was made to go in the panel.

You can try to fix it yourself by learning how to use web inspector like firebug for firefox or any other browser has these extensions to help you edit your css and other stuff.

• ok thanks for the try!

• Hey Mike. How did you succeed to target to footer ??
    I am trying too but do not know where to start !

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@migswd said:
    Hey Mike. How did you succeed to target to footer ??
    I am trying too but do not know where to start !

I would guess he edited the plugin. The OnlineNow provides a so called "module". Modules can be attached to "assets". if you look at the default.master.tpl, you will find that there are four assets which can be targeted:

• Head
    • Panel
    • Content
    • Foot

The asset target can either be set in the plugin which attaches a module or directly in the module. The OnlineNow module defines its target in the module file. If you look at it, you will find that the Foot target is already in ther, but commented out.

• Great ! Thank you :)

• Sorry I haven't been logged in lately but yes I modified the plugin.