Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to link to a specific comment?

I just tried to link to a specific comment in a discussion, but could not find out how this is done.

Any idea?

Tagged:

Comments

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

"discussion/comment/" you can also get links from a user's profile page, under their comments tab

or

@x00 said:
    see the date click on it that is the perma-link.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• see the date click on it that is the perma-link.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    see the date click on it that is the perma-link.

Cool, completely overlooked that one! :)

• Trips2007Trips2007 New
    edited September 2017

Except that doesn't work. There's no <a href='#Comment_999999'> in the HTML, only <li id='Comment_999999'> (at least in the Vanilla installation I participate in), so the link only takes you to the correct page, not the specific comment.

• Which version of Vanilla is that forum running? And which theme?
    If it's not running 2.3.1, it's highly recommended to upgrade for security.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Trips2007 said:
    Except that doesn't work. There's no <a href='#Comment_999999'> in the HTML, only <li id='Comment_999999'> (at least in the Vanilla installation I participate in), so the link only takes you to the correct page, not the specific comment.

In order to link to a comment, nothing more than the id is needed since that is [part of the HTML 4 spec](: https://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#h-12.2.3 "part of the HTML 4 spec")