Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to make a member modify user profile fields only for himself

I dont understand here : I want to authorize members to modify their profile fields.
So I check the box here

But if I do that the user will be able to edit anybody profile fields !!
What is the trick ??!

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited September 2017

You already have checked the one they need Profils modifier

Do not give members the option to edit users...

• You mean this.

The problem is that when I do that my user cannot modify his own profile !

• Could it be a theme bug ?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited September 2017

Something is wrong if users can't edit their own Profils after you give them the correct permissions. Try using the default theme and disable plugins.

Uncheck the Profils tab . Try deleting the .ini files in the forum cache. Try to check the Profils tab again and save. Try to edit a profil with a member account. Report back.

• OK thanks ! I will try that and keep you update.

• migswdmigswd New
    edited September 2017

I did all you said but still does not work.
    The problem too is that I cannot change my theme, there has been too much customization.
    One idea would be to control the session/userid vs the profilepage/userid and display the option to modify profile only if the user is on his own profile.

I found the file to modify here and I can retrieve the session/userid but how do I retrieve the profilepage/userid here ?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@migswd said:
    One idea would be to control the session/userid vs the profilepage/userid and display the option to modify profile only if the user is on his own profile.

Don't try to replace the security settings of any software with your own code. That' a very, very bad idea.

@migswd said:
    I found the file to modify here and I can retrieve the session/userid but how do I retrieve the profilepage/userid here ?

You have a problem with the permissions or "simply" with the interface. You really need to solve the problem and do try to find workarounds.

Make a copy of your config, revert to default theme and disable all plugins except for the htmlawed plugin and test it. That way you can solve the question whether you have to look at the UI or the permissions.