Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How To Use Contact Plugin

Hello,

I am using Contact Plugin and when someone gives leaves me a feedback using this plugin it does not come to my email. I don't really know how to setup the email. Please help.

Comments

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Hi :D
    Next time you will open a discussion about a plugin, don't forget to use the "Ask a Question" link under the plugin page to make your question more visible and easier to answer.

Have you set up the support email adresse in your dashboard ?
    You can find it by going to your dashboard -> Emails and fill the email field.

• PavonisPavonis New
    edited September 2017

@K17 said:
    Hi :D
    Next time you will open a discussion about a plugin, don't forget to use the "Ask a Question" link under the plugin page to make your question more visible and easier to answer.

Have you set up the support email adresse in your dashboard ?
    You can find it by going to your dashboard -> Emails and fill the email field.

Yes I have. You mean under outgoing email right??

@Pavonis yes right there ^^

• @K17 Already Done.

So this should working. Just tested and I get my emails.
    Have you tried yourself ? Do you use SMTP or not ?

• @K17 I just filled My email in outgoing email and tried it. In the end I didn’t get any emails. And no I don’t use SMTP.

Do you get other Vanilla email ? Like account verification or lost password ?

• @K17 said:

@K17 said:

When people sign up i get a email saying that the email was not able to be delivered to the person.

I think you have a miscounfiguration in your PHP mail installation, or it's not allowed by your host.
    Do you use a shared hosting ?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Did you add the support email address for the forum ?

Look for this in the config.php make sure the address you entered is correct. This won't work with gmail or hotmail , it has to be your email from the site.

$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportAddress'] = 'contact@yoursite.com';

@vrijvlinder a dit :
    Look for this in the config.php make sure the address you entered is correct. This won't work with gmail or hotmail , it has to be your email from the site.

I tried with an AOL account and it worked fine (but filtered as spam)

edited September 2017

@K17 said:

@vrijvlinder a dit :

I tried with an AOL account and it worked fine (but filtered as spam)

NO!, I mean the support address can't be gmail or hotmail or aol because those services don't want you to use their email server en mass... and may block it. The address where you enter the sender email in the actual contact form can be any email.

The only thing that could go wrong has nothing to do with the plugin. It's a very simple plugin. You can either be able to send mail from the forum and to the forum, or you can't. If you can't , check what I stated above. If people register but the forum can't send mail, ask your host.

Your forum needs to be able to send mail.

@vrijvlinder a dit :
    NO!

Oh don't be rude ^^ I didn't want you to be angry :lol:
    I just use my personnal account for testing purpose and it worked. I was just to say that it's working well for me ^^

Not angry, just want to avoid confusion. The OP does not explain well what is going on.

• So what do i do

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Pavonis said:
    @K17 I just filled My email in outgoing email and tried it. In the end I didn’t get any emails. And no I don’t use SMTP.

@Pavonis said:

When people sign up i get a email saying that the email was not able to be delivered to the person.

@K17 said:
    I think you have a miscounfiguration in your PHP mail installation, or it's not allowed by your host.
    Do you use a shared hosting ?

I fully agree with K17.

Vanilla uses PHPMailer, which is a common mail library. So if that isn't working for you, you should contact your hoster. There is not much we can do about it.

If they cannot help you, you could try to use an SMTP server instead. If you do not have much mails to send, you could try the free account of SparkPost. It allows sending 15k mails per month.

• @Pavonis dijo:
    So what do i do

You are using a free hosting service ?

Thks,

• @terabytefrelance said:

@Pavonis dijo:
    So what do i do

You are using a free hosting service ?

Thks,

Yes this is my website tinyurl.com/npsforums

• Hostig Free no send email (phpmailer anda smtp service)