Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Desktop & Mobile Theme

Hello all - first post on here so take it easy on me =)

I'm just curious as to what theme is currently being used on this Community forum - for both the desktop and mobile versions?

Both work really well and would love to use them or at least look at how they've been coded for a similar theme for a forum I am currently testing/playing around with in development.

Many thanks for any help or pointers <3

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@pinman

Welcome to the community.

The themes used by Vanilla on here are proprietary, and not available for download.

However, they are produced using Vanilla, so any of the things which you like can be developed in your custom theme, via css and maybe some php.

You can use a web inspector to see what css rules are applied on here.

If you can be more specific about what you like, it may well be that there are themes (or addons) which could get you most of the way to where you would like your site to be.

• Thanks for the prompt reply whu606.

As you suggested I used the code inspector (on Chrome in my case) to look at the CSS and that helped quite a bit.

The main problem area for me was trying to make the mobile theme as usable as possible and having now played with Auro2 theme that seems to work well =)

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

You might also want to take a look at this mobile theme:

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/minusbaseline-theme

which includes a useful hamburger menu option.

With Vanilla, it is very simple to style different desktop and mobile themes to match.

• Thank you @whu606 - I'll take a look and I like the usage of the hamburger menu which seems commonplace nowadays.

Ta for all your help B)

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Actually the theme you can see here is open source, too. But that important part is taken from the readme:

We do not give permission to reuse the design of the VanillaForums.org site themes. They are copyrighted by Vanilla Forums, Inc. which reserves all rights to said design. In other words, use the code how you want, but don't produce clone sites with it.

• Thanks for the heads up @R_J =)