Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error with conflict between URL (long titles) and js

edited November 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have a problem with this method. When I make a discussion with a long title it seems to have a error

As you can see in this picture, I use Vietnamese and it has a conflict with the editor. I can't use editor in a normal way. I use BBCode and bootstrap theme.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Have you tired to use All Caps for the title ?

BAO SO 12 - DAMREY GIAT CAP 15 DANG VAO BO KHAN HOA, PHU YEN MUA

I think the problem is that you are not using the Vietnamese locale ?

The accents on the letters are being encoded as well as the spaces on the url, that is normal, what is the error ? does the url then lead to a 404 error ?

• @vrijvlinder said:
    Have you tired to use All Caps for the title ?

BAO SO 12 - DAMREY GIAT CAP 15 DANG VAO BO KHAN HOA, PHU YEN MUA

I think the problem is that you are not using the Vietnamese locale ?

The accents on the letters are being encoded as well as the spaces on the url, that is normal, what is the error ? does the url then lead to a 404 error ?

JS editor doesn't run

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited November 2017

Can you post the js error you are getting ? can you inspect the code with a web inspector and see the js error ?

Have you tried using a different format than BBCode ?

Have tried enabling the advanced editor ?

A js error may be caused by some plugin you are using.

What version of vanilla ?

Does this happen with the default theme ?

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/28420/frequently-asked-questions/p1

• Hey there! I'm using 2.3.1 and bootstrap theme. And it still happens with default theme

• type gdn.meta and gdn.meta.RedirectUrl into the console.

grep is your friend.