HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can I use plugins that are not from here (the addons)

Im trying to find a virtual money system for my forum but there is not one on here and I know nothing about coding. I found some that are made for wordpress. Does vanilla support plugins for other sources?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Whilst not a coder, I would say almost certainly not.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

No. It's like trying to use Photoshop filters in Excel.

• Jem360Jem360 Oxford New

Are you guys considering making it a possibility in the future?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

There isn't actually any 'you guys' here.

This forum is supported by community members, some of whom have a very good grasp of Vanilla coding practice and standards, but are not affiliated with the company.

Most things can be done in Vanilla if someone has the coding expertise, but I don't see that there would be an easy way to make Vanilla work with plugins from other frameworks.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Microsoft is planning to release a web publishing Word-Addon called "Press for Word" (you can guess what they are referring to!) which would be compatible to WordPress. Vanilla on the other side is preparing an API to allow stand alone applications being written in VBA (VanillaBasedApplications). Since Word uses VBA, too, and Vanilla will make use of VBA, I would guess that Vanilla VBA and "Press for Word" VBA plugins would be quite easy to interchange. And when "Press for Word" is somehow compatible to WordPress, that would imply that Vanilla Based Applications should be compatible with WordPress plugins. But I'm not sure if that would also be the other way around, sorry.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

And you didn't even mention Bertillon''s Vanilla flavor (which while not as good as it was 20 years ago is still much better from Ben & Jerry who lack Good Humor)...