Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

can somebody help me with that, Could not instantiate mail function.

I got the same problem, could not instantiate mail function, how to set this mail function help me with that...

Best Answer

• ajay1098ajay1098 New
    Answer ✓

@terabytefrelance my hosting is not free, my hosting paid, I have buy hosting, you just give me information where to change some code, like configuration file and all ,,, help me with that

Answers

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Please provide a few more details: when did that error showed up first, where does it appear, what have you tried by now, do you have a shared host or a virtual server, what's the weather like in your home country and are you really using an outdated version of Vanilla?

The most easiest constellation for that message would be that you are starting with a new installation and you do not have filled out anything in Dashboard\Settings\Outgoing Mail

• well, I have downloaded vanilla yesterday, the version is 2.3.1 when I register my account then I didn't get confirmation email, so help with that too, and the problem is when I forgot my password then i click on forgot password link but, then vanilla show following error ( Could not instantiate mail function. ),
    and with outgoing mail, I have filled: following details: name; My name, email : myemail....
    and I have press :( Do not include usernames in the "to" field of outgoing e-mails.)
    etc, and I don't have clicked on SMTP..

• @ajay1098 said:
    well, I have downloaded vanilla yesterday, the version is 2.3.1 when I register my account then I didn't get confirmation email, so help with that too, and the problem is when I forgot my password then i click on forgot password link but, then vanilla show following error ( Could not instantiate mail function. ),
    and with outgoing mail, I have filled: following details: name; My name, email : myemail....
    and I have press :( Do not include usernames in the "to" field of outgoing e-mails.)
    etc, and I don't have clicked on SMTP..

Hosting Free No Works Send Email,

• ajay1098ajay1098 New
    Answer ✓

@terabytefrelance my hosting is not free, my hosting paid, I have buy hosting, you just give me information where to change some code, like configuration file and all ,,, help me with that

• @ajay1098 said:

In your vanilla panel, look for settings, outgoing email, and configure the data of your SMTP server, and that's it, so I have it configured and it works perfectly.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You do not need to fill out the SMTP field. That is only for specific reasons. If you have webmail from your host, all you need to fill in is the first part. Name and Support Email. Leave the rest blank.

• @vrijvlinder i have done this, but it's not working, Is there any video tutorials, where i can and learn?

• @terabytefrelance but how to do? i didn't know, Is there any video tutorials?

• @vrijvlinder & @terabytefrelance I am also not getting a confirmation mail when new users sign up?

• @ajay1098 said:

>
    the most secure that your hosting has blocked port 25, if you use cpanel, go to the configuration of the email and do it with the smtp credentials, and of course you will receive confirmation of user registration in the mail.

In the configuration of vanilla, in users - registration, put it in approval if you want to keep a strict control of who registers in the forum.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

First , Did you set up web mail with your host? You must do that first. Do not use gmail or any free mail address. It should be the mailing address you set up with your hosted website.

Did you check that the mail is not in the junk folder of the receiver ?

There is a video tutorial in the dashboard..