Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Yet Another Gamification Application 1.1 [RESOLVED]

Flower420Flower420 Munich New
edited November 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi guys, i m using this Addon on my Vanilla forums 2.3 on php 5.6.32 (even tried newer versions), and still i m geting such errors:

i have fresh installed vanilla 2.3, no any extra plugins/addons.. only the default ones..
Any help guys? thank you

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

What you see is the result of a missing translation for the term "Yaga.Rank.PromotedHeadlineFormat".

You have to make sure that your language file includes
    $Definition['Yaga.Rank.PromotedHeadlineFormat'] = '{ActivityUserID,You} earned a promotion to {Data.Name,text}.';

And just as a hint: what has been inserted to the Activity table will not be translated again. Therefore only new activities will be translated, not those texts that you see on this screenshot.

• Okay buddy, thanks for such big and fast help, at least now i know where to start fixing it.

• Flower420Flower420 Munich New
    edited November 2017

Servus mein Münchener :p where do i have to place it?
    i have already language file in the folder of this plugin in locales, do i have to move it to vanillas locales folder, as example for german language?

https://pastebin.com/y27ZxHck

So yea, i have placed the whole code/translation without <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); on the begin into my already existing locale file (in this case german), and it works perfeclty.

Vielen dank R_J

Please check that the official German language file is called like that: /applications/yaga/locale/de.php. There have been many possible naming schemes for translation files in Vanilla recently but version 2.3 needs that strict name.

Generally, if you like to change some wordings, you should do it in /conf/locale.php instead of the locale files of the core/addon/plugin.

Viel Spaß noch mit Vanilla! =)

• I have just pasted the translated files from yaga plugin (locale, in this case german) into the file site_core.php of my german language, and it seems that everything works okay..
    example: https://pastebin.com/NUBUUhQr

We all hope that the next Vanilla update will come very soon. During the update process, all files will be overwritten. So putting your additons to the site_core.php translation file will result in your changes being lost when you do an update.

Therefore I recommended using /conf/locale.php. The purpose of the file is exactly what you are looking for: adding custom translations to Vanilla. The file /conf/locale.php will not be overwritten by any update and that's why changes you do there will persist after an update.

I admit that it is far easier to change core files directly, but you really should never do that. In fact you should invest extra time to find out how to avoid changing core files or plugins directly. Because the time you invest to find out how to solve problems "the Vanilla way" will help you avoiding trouble later on.

By the way: there is a good tutorial about translations.

• Thank you buddy, will look into.