Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgrade on 2.4

Hi there, i have upgraded my 2.3.1 version to 2.4, everything is fine, and there arent any errors so far, but when i open the admin section, and when i try to click on as example, to change Themes, it happens nothing, i m just on the same start screen in the admin section.. same with any other function so far, nothing happens when i click on it in the menu...

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited November 2017

2.4 isn't a production release.

It is (was) released for beta testing.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Try to delete the applications/dashboard, applications/vanilla and applications/conversations folders. Then copy those folders from the 2.4 download into your installation

There have been some minor changes in the file structure which will "confuse" Vanilla if files from a 2.3 installation still exist

• R_J
    done, now i cant join the whole admin section, than i have deleted cache/addon.php file, and now i can access the admin panel, its full of bugs

and when i go for settings, i m geting this message:

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while.

Please search the forum how to debug the something has gone wrong message

What do you mean with "full of bugs"?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Since 2.4 has never reached a production release, it isn't really reasonable to expect detailed help on here.

If you don't have the experience/knowledge to debug issues for yourself, you should not be using it.

I know that there were quite a lot of additional fixes done after the beta of 2.4 has been released.
    As whu606 said: this is beta software and you shouldn't use it if you are not skilled enough to feel comfortable.

From my experience (which only comes from playing around with 2.4, not from using it in a production environment) I would say that the dashboard needs polishing but the functionality is stable.

I would be brave enough to use it, but I guess that I'm a little bit more experienced in trouble shooting Vanilla than the average admin :mrgreen:

• Exactly R_J, can i downgrade the version then?

I don't know that. I guess it should be possible. Is it really needed? Sounds like it wouldn't be a problem to start from zero...

But if you want to try downgrading, I would recommend following this steps:

1. Create a backup of the database (important!)
    2. Do a clean installation of Vanilla 2.3.1
    3. Change the database settings in your new Vanilla 2.3.1 to the old database
    4. Surf to example.com/utility/structure (example.com being your home url)

Some plugins and themes will not be ported that way and you would have to download them from here again. Doing the downgrade that way should be working, I'd say...

• Okay thanks, was thinking about the same steps, now i m sure, thank you sir