Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do I change the text that appears on this page

Where do I find the file to change this text and add some extra details

Best Answer

• Options
    cckaadmincckaadmin New
    Answer ✓

@R_J said:
    Start by reading this: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/26597/tutorial-how-to-change-wording-how-to-change-text-how-to-change-language-how-to-change-locale#latest

But I'm not sure if you can change it the way you like. I've searched the sources on GitHub and found that:

->passData('Description', sprintf(t('The %s you were looking for could not be found.'), t(strtolower($recordType))));

To me it appears as if you would have to translate "view" and "The %s you were looking for could not be found." separately. That would have effect everywhere else where those terms are used. Also on "The user you were looking for could not be found."

Therefore it might not be a good idea to do so. Why do you want to change that string? Normally you would only see that for malformed plugins during developing, not in a production system, nor?

I was trying to create a temp fix for new members to register. I have just fixed the problem so won't need to amend the text now.

Answers

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Start by reading this: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/26597/tutorial-how-to-change-wording-how-to-change-text-how-to-change-language-how-to-change-locale#latest

But I'm not sure if you can change it the way you like. I've searched the sources on GitHub and found that:

->passData('Description', sprintf(t('The %s you were looking for could not be found.'), t(strtolower($recordType))));

To me it appears as if you would have to translate "view" and "The %s you were looking for could not be found." separately. That would have effect everywhere else where those terms are used. Also on "The user you were looking for could not be found."

Therefore it might not be a good idea to do so. Why do you want to change that string? Normally you would only see that for malformed plugins during developing, not in a production system, nor?

• Options
    cckaadmincckaadmin New
    Answer ✓

@R_J said:

I was trying to create a temp fix for new members to register. I have just fixed the problem so won't need to amend the text now.