HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I need help, my login popup not show

haryonoharyono Siak Sri Indrapura New
edited November 2017 in Feedback

I have a vanilla forum. But i have problem. Not show login popup in desktop and mobile. This problem after discussion page.

For spoiler you can check http://www.bertravel.com/forum

I set in config or config-default is 'true' for login popup.

I'm using cloudy premium theme for my vanilla forum desktop version dan minusbaseline for mobile theme. I'm disable ad block.

Comments

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

For me the login isn't in popup but seperate page (on index and discussions).

• haryonoharyono Siak Sri Indrapura New

@K17 said:
    For me the login isn't in popup but seperate page (on index and discussions).

how can I fix it?

edited December 2017

It's a setting.
    Open your /conf/config.php
    Find $Configuration['Garden']['SignIn']['Popup'] and set it to 1 if exists, and if you do not find it add the following line:
    $Configuration['Garden']['SignIn']['Popup'] = '1';

Sorry for long time answer, my computer was broken down.

• haryonoharyono Siak Sri Indrapura New
    edited December 2017

@K17 said:
    It's a setting.
    Find $Configuration['Garden']['SignIn']['Popup'] and set it to 1 if exists, and if you do not find it add the following line:

Sorry for long time answer, my computer was broken down.

hmm, login page not show in popup. This only show comment or post :(

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@K17 said:
    It's a setting.

Beware, the question is somewhat misleading. The links in the GuestBox are not the problem. If they were, your answer would be okay (although I would choose true instead of '1')
    On the other hand the theme author has chosen a very hacky way to prevent popups. Look at the JS at the button of the page:

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(".blackit span").text(function(o,e){return e.replace("Back to Home","Back to Home")}),$(document).ready(function(){$(".SignInPopup").removeClass("SignInPopup").addClass("steamjq")}),$(document).ready(function(){$(".Popup").removeClass("Popup").addClass("steamjq")});var viewportWidth=$(window).width(),viewportHeight=$(window).height();$(window).resize(function(){}),$(".resmobifulix").on("click",function(){$(".thecover").addClass("theblock"),$('ul[class="reiva"]').addClass("blockdit"),$('ul[class="ramnova"]').addClass("coloritd")}),$(".thecover").on("click",function(){$(".thecover").removeClass("theblock"),$(".reiva").removeClass("blockdit"),$(".ramnova").removeClass("coloritd")});
    </script>

He removes all Popup classes intentionally. While I think that this is better UX for mobile themes, it appears awkward to me in a desktop theme. I'm not sure if I should be impressed on the main idea or frightened by the way it is done...

But anyhow, that isn't the problem.

When you visit a Vanilla forum as a guest and you scroll at the end of a discussion, you find "Sign In or Register to comment." which translates to "Masuk atau Mendaftar untuk berkomentar." in haryonos forum.

And the SignIn link address there normally is "/entry/signin?Target=discussion%2F12345%2Fdiscussiontitle".
    @haryono has the problem that this link is a mere link to this discussion without any reference to the signin procedure...

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

This is the Vanilla code that echoes this part:

<div class="Foot Closed">
        <div class="Note Closed SignInOrRegister"><?php
            $popup = (c('Garden.SignIn.Popup')) ? ' class="Popup"' : '';
            $returnUrl = Gdn::request()->pathAndQuery();
            echo formatString(
                t('Sign In or Register to Comment.', '<a href="{SignInUrl,html}"{Popup}>Sign In</a> or <a href="{RegisterUrl,html}">Register</a> to comment.'),
                [
                    'SignInUrl' => url(signInUrl($returnUrl)),
                    'RegisterUrl' => url(registerUrl($returnUrl)),
                    'Popup' => $popup
                ]
            ); ?>
        </div>

So I guess that either function signInUrl or the function writeCommentForm have been altered or overridden somewhere. You would have to do a full text search for them.

@R_J a dit :
    (although I would choose true instead of '1')

'1' is the default value set by Vanilla during setup process. That' why I'm using this one, to not make any confusion.