Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Some kind of permission issue in 2.5

pitkmipitkmi scifi-meshes.com

Just updated to 2.5, and while most things seem to run smoothly(ish), but I'm running into this error, when I try to enable the discussion images:

PermissionModel->PermissionModel::define was called with an invalid $PermissionNames parameter.

Looking at the code, the only permissions mentioned in there are 'Garden.Settings.Manage'.

I did have a look at general-2-5-plugin-compatibility-issues for advice, but it looks like this is a different issue.

Any idea where I should look?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You need to set permissions in the settings for roles. Garden settings manage is a permission for admin or anyone you give admin role.

• pitkmipitkmi scifi-meshes.com

That's what I thought, but admins are set up with both Manage and View Settings permissions already.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

PermissionModel::define is called when an entry like 'RegisterPermissions' => whatever, is found in the PluginInfo array. Looking at the plugin, I see 'RegisterPermissions' => "Garden.Settings.Manage", which tries to define a permission which already exists. I guess that's the problem.

Please try commenting out line 6 in class.indexdiscussionimage.plugin.php so that it reads:

// 'RegisterPermissions' => "Garden.Settings.Manage",

Maybe you have to delete /cache/addon.php afterwards.

• pitkmipitkmi scifi-meshes.com

Commenting out RegisterPermissions and deleting cache/addon.php did the trick. Thanks for your help @R_J.