Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Issues with Conversations Application

I'm getting a weird thing were Sending a message in a conversation greys out the send message button and puts the wait symbol next to it, even though the message is sent. This can be fixed with a simple refresh.

The next oddity is the "Leave conversation" button. If you just click it, it waits forever. However opening it in a new tab or copying and pasting the link leads to the "do you want to leave?" dialog, allowing to leave as you would expect.

Anyone else know if this is a bug in this version? Or is there something I am missing?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Please open the JavaScript console and look for errors.

• "TypeError: ButtonBar.init is undefined" @ "buttonbar.js:682:5"

After a bit of testing I found that the reason being Button Bar and the Advanced Editor were conflicting. Having both on created this error, while having only one on fixed the issue.

Due to the way the images looked, and the descriptions, I didn't realize that the Advanced Editor had a "Button Bar" of it's own, and I thought both needed to be activated to maintain formatting in comments.

Thanks for your help!

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@R_J - plugins have a prerequisite option in plugininfo, seems like this is a case where a negative prerequisite (a "mutual exclusive") option would be needed...

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@rbrahmson said:
    @R_J - plugins have a prerequisite option in plugininfo, seems like this is a case where a negative prerequisite (a "mutual exclusive") option would be needed...

Something like a "conflict" key? Good idea :mrgreen:

But it seems not to work as expected. After seeing this discussion I've considered filing an issue, but I wanted to check first if I can solve the problem and do a PR instead...

• Hello, just an FYI, I ran into this same issue for a short bit when trying to "Change my profile pic" after enabling gravatar... I fixed it first by turning off Advanced Editor (I was able to change / delete my avatar). However, just to test further, I re-uploaded a profile pic.. then turned on Advanced Editor again.. now all works. I can change my profile pic without the wait box and the "TypeError: ButtonBar.init is undefined" error.