Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New to the forum

Hello I'm new to the forum, i'm currently trying to set up a forum on my tumblr blog but i'm not very familiar with how to set it up. I've downloaded vanilla open source and currently have my folder on my PC open where it is saved. It has version 2.5 and what appears to be sub categories? I'm not entirely sure where to go to find lets a piece of code to copy and paste or something else entire. So i figured Id reach out here on the forum for help.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You need to have a running forum first before you can embed it somewhere. In order to set it up, you need some kind of web space. You have to upload the files from the forum, create a database and visit the start page of your new web space to start the installation.

Only after you have finished installing the forum you can start thinking about embedding it...

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@ekelley115: @R_J is right. In order to get things a bit faster running you could also look out for a web hosting servive (company) that has automatic software installs of Vanilla OS. But sooner or later you will need to have some understanding of server and database handling. Youtube > Tutorials.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Ok awesome, thank you both for your help!