HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Negative symbol next to discussion count

I moved some discussions to a different category and it added a "-" to the count

Is there a way to change this and turn it off? Only started doing that after I upgraded to 2.5

Comments

• Options

Also notice that in categories where there are posts it says 0

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Try running

www.example.com/dba/counts

• Options

YOURE AWESOME
    Thank you sooo much

• Options

Do I have to do this everytime,

I am using Bootstrap theme
    Vanilla 2.5

• Options

Also it is not updating the recent posts

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The idea behind this is that counting higher numbers takes much time and therefore it normally isn't done quite often. If you are only moving a single discussion which is one of lets say 1.3k in a category, this is nothing which can be noticed.

If you are starting a forum it shows every time :(

But if you have only a few discussions I would say it is better for building a community if you have less categories. Trust on tags if you think you need something to group them.

• Options

In the category, its saying the thread below the most recent is the recent (if that makes sense)

• Options
    kryan1990kryan1990 New
    edited January 2018

That is what you see looking at categories

But when you click the category this is what you see...

Is it because the recent discussion doesnt have comments yet?

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Don't know, maybe. If someone likes to answer it, you would have to look at CategoryModel->counts(). Maybe that could be a fine start for a PullRequest?

To fix this you could
    1. do a test comment
    2. check the categories view
    3. run dba/counts if needed
    4. delete the test comment

But I really don't know if that is worth the trouble. If I were you I would switch to the Recent Discussions view as the home page as long as you have only a few discussions.