Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

remove function

Hi all, soory i'm new, and french sorry for my bad english

actual i use fluxbb, but the community is lost ... i try vanilla and ... and good !

juste is possible remove red on picture ? is useless for me because, juste using vanilla for simple use and simple people ....

thank you

Comments

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Hi and welcome to Vanilla ;D All can be done with CSS and HTML editions in your theme ^^

Why are you posting in the Vanilla 2.0-2.2 section ? The latest stable version of Vanilla is 2.5 you can download it here: https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/vanilla-core

• hi :) i posted because actualy use 2.2.1 because, is "light" 16mo extract.

me juste search forum whit wysiwyg and upload function on the wysiwyg ..

realy fluxbb is good for me ( 800ko installed and wysiwyg 1.5mo )
    but on fluxbb not find plugin editor whit upload :(

vanilla is light forum ( on visual ) but is big forum fonctionality ^^ me juste shearch forum whit wysiwyg support upload ^^

k17, i'am french too :)

Ah bah on peux parler français alors ^^
    Pour des raisons de sécurité il est très important d'utiliser la dernière version de Vanilla.
    Certes la 2.5 est globalement plus lourde, mais au niveau téléchargement client c'est identique, il n'y a pas plus de données qui transitent.
    Et par contre comme FluxBB va de toutes façons disparaitre autant passer à Vanilla ^^

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The size of the downloaded files for installation is totally irrelevant.

You said you want a "light" forum, but I guess you either mean one of
    1. "fast" or
    2. "low traffic for the browser"

If you have a simple shared hosting forum, I think there are faster forums than Vanilla (though I never have tested it)
    Vanillas structure is comparably complex, which could make it some milliseconds slower, but brings numerous advantages in regards to maintainability, code readability and "extendibility" (don't know the correct word)

"Low traffic" depends completely on the theme, no matter which forum you choose.

@R_J In my case my forums and website are on shared hosting (with all sharing the same bandwidth) ans it's really fast ^^ users never complains of slow site or downtimes ^^