Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problems With Dashboard Buttons

I have just installed Vanilla 2.5 for the first time in a sub-directory. Pretty URL's all work as they should. However, I am having problems with some buttons only working once in the dashboard. I have to reload the page to enable the button (or anything else on the page) to work again.

For example, I'm unable to edit a user via the 'Manage Users' page. I've clicked on the edit 'pencil' shaped button once, nothing happens and then I have to reload the web page just to be able to click on Dashboard Site Overview, Moderation Community Management, or Settings Configuration & Addons tabs or the entire sidebar. However, the delete user 'trashcan' button works. Strange...

Nothing on the dashboard web page is clickable after that first button click.

I can't add a ban rule because the 'Add Ban Rule' button is clickable only once, but it doesn't do anything. I reloaded the web page, but it still won't work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    YoaztYoazt New
    edited February 2018

hey bro, can you check the source of you site via view source in your browser, maybe you are having trouble loading vanilla's set of Javascript files, i had the same issue as yours and found out that the Cloudflare's rocketloader is the culprit preventing to load those files.

• Options

Booya!

Thank you, @Yoazt!

I believe it was Cloud Flare. I set the Rocket Loader to off and the cache level to bypass for the forum sub-directory.

That seemed to solve the problem. I will continue to click around and make settings changes while I monitor any errors that may arise. If anything else comes up I will report back here.

Again, I greatly appreciated your input.

Regards