Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Something has gone wrong from 2.3.1 => 2.5.1 [RESOLVED]

legrandselegrandse
edited February 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

I've got error message after upgrading from 2.3.1 to 2.5.1
I've run utility /update but have the error message "something has gone wrong".

I followed the upgrade tutorial.

What can I do to tell you more about the error ?
It is not the first time upgrading forum but first time to have error that I cannot solve by myself .

Can you please help me to solve the problem.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Search on here for 'something has gone wrong' to find out how to turn on debug mode.

Then post the results of the detailed error message here if you still need help.

• Options

Thanks for fast reply.

I search for "something..." and found this code to put in config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

Result :

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2019] Can't initialize character set utf8mb4 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)
    The error occurred on or near: /home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/database/class.database.php

168: if ($timeout) {

169: throw new Exception(errorMessage('Timeout while connecting to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), 504);

170: }

171:

172: throw new Exception(errorMessage('An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), 500);

173: }

174:

175: return $pDO;

176: }

Backtrace:

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/database/class.database.php:102] Gdn_Database->newPDO();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/database/class.database.php:498] Gdn_Database->connection();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/database/class.database.php:363] Gdn_Database->slave();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1684] Gdn_Database->query();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:902] Gdn_SQLDriver->query();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/core/class.model.php:615] Gdn_SQLDriver->getWhere();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/core/class.model.php:574] Gdn_Model->getWhere();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:1452] Gdn_Model->getID();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:1713] UserModel->getID();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/core/class.session.php:431] UserModel->getSession();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/core/class.auth.php:59] Gdn_Session->start();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/bootstrap.php:323] Gdn_Auth->startAuthenticator();

[/home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/index.php:22] PHP::require_once();

Hope this will help ;-)

• Options

Ok

I found something interesting to setup in my host environment to accept character set utf8mb4.

But now still have a problem:

Fatal Error in PHP.gdn_ErrorHandler();
    Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

The error occurred on or near: /home/gghfmftq/www/vanilla/library/database/class.database.php

403: // If we get here then the pdo statement prepared properly.

404: break;

405:

406: } catch (Gdn_UserException $uex) {

407: trigger_error($uex->getMessage(), E_USER_ERROR);

408: } catch (Exception $ex) {

409: list($state, $code, $message) = $pDO->errorInfo();

410:

411: // If the error code is consistent with a disconnect, attempt to retry

• Options

I solved this last error by doing... nothing. =)

All is ok

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Hurrah!