Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category drop-down for new topics, gone?

I've upgraded from 2.3.1 to 2.5 and I've noticed something is missing. When I create a new topic, it used to allow me to choose which category that should be assigned to but now that doesn't show.

This is how it used to look: https://prnt.sc/ij8f4k

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited February 2018

This is by intention: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/4910

But getting it back is quite simple. You only need a plugin with that method:

public function postController_beforeFormInputs_handler($sender) {
            $sender->ShowCategorySelector = true;
        }

• Thank you

• Did you do this for yourself? If you are able to attach the plugin that would be awesome as I'm not very experienced with creating plugins.

Uploading plugins is currently not possible...

See here for a working implementation

• edited February 2018

Awesome, thank you but I moved that folder into Plugins and it won't enable due to this error (debug mode):

"Call to a member function getInfo() on null" LOCATION: S:\htdocs\public_html\forum\applications\dashboard\controllers\class.settingscontroller.php

1447: } catch (Exception $e) {
    1448: $this->Form->addError($e);
    1449: }
    1450: >>> 1451: $this->handleAddonToggle($pluginName, $addon->getInfo(), 'plugins', true, $filter, $action);
    1452: if (count($requirementsEnabled) > 0) {
    1453: foreach ($requirementsEnabled as $requiredAddon) {
    1454: /** @var $requiredAddon Addon */
    1455: $this->handleAddonToggle($requiredAddon->getKey(), $requiredAddon->getInfo(), 'plugins', true, $filter, $action); BACKTRACE:

[S:\htdocs\public_html\forum\applications\dashboard\controllers\class.settingscontroller.php 1372] SettingsController->enablePlugin();
    [S:\htdocs\public_html\forum\library\core\class.dispatcher.php 832] SettingsController->plugins();
    [S:\htdocs\public_html\forum\library\core\class.dispatcher.php 261] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController();
    [S:\htdocs\public_html\forum\index.php 29] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

Please make sure that the plugins folder is named "enforcecategorydropdown ". Delete the /cache/addon.php afterwards.
    But beyond that I wouldn't know why this might fail...

• That worked! Thank you so much for this.