Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Post upgrade vanilla 2.5 logins are not working

I have upgraded our vanilla to latest version 2.5 and our logins are not working.

Comments

• Our users are not able to login, can you please check this ASAP.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@ashok

There isn't anything to check.

This is an issue specific to your upgrade.

If people can't log in, the first step would be to check the permissions settings in the dashboard.

If that isn't the issue, I would suggest you do a separate, clean install of Vanilla 2.5, and then copy over the permissions table from the new DB to your live one. (ALWAYS make a DB backup before making any changes.)

NOTE - this would lose any custom permissions that you have set.

• Thank you for the response. I am the admin of my vanilla and if I am resetting the password I could able to login. So what will be the problem ?

• @whu can you please update me on this.

• If you can login after you reset your password, I strongly suggest to simply ask your users to use the "I forgot my password" option.

It'll be quicker than trying to figure out what exactly went wrong with your setup.

• ashokashok New
    edited February 2018

Hi Caylus,
    We are using this for our product discussions(http://discussions.vtiger.com/) and we have nearly 24 lakhs of users.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

In which case, as a start

ask one ordinary (not mod or admin) member to try to change their password, to see if that works or not

• Both test cases are working.

• It might be the hash method.

grep is your friend.

• what is the background of you forum did you convert from another, did you use any SSO at one point?

grep is your friend.

• I am running old vanilla and now I used to utility/update to upgrade(vanilla2.5.1).

• I am using vanilla itself.

• Guys now I have another issue that Inbox is getting Page not found. Please help me out on this issue.

• Is any one there to help me out on this issue.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

How does the link look that generates the error?

• Page Not Found
    The page you were looking for could not be found.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

When I click on the icon here at this forum, the link is https://open.vanillaforums.com/messages/all. What does it look like on your forum?