Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Paste images from buffer

Accidentally I've noticed current forum has feature - insert images from buffer during writing a post or a comment. But in vanilla 2.5 this feature doesn't work.
Is it possible to enable it?

Comments

• Can you upload image attachments manually on your board?

Because with my 2.5 setup I can still copy paste images directly from the clipboard / buffer into discussion boxes, so I think there might be something wrong with some of your advanced editor files.

• edited March 2018

Yes, I can insert image attachments manually by pressing "Attach image" button. But insert image attachment from buffer I can't. I also tested with fresh installed forum 2.5.1 - it doesn't work.

My settings for advanced editor:

• Accidentally I've noticed interesting behavior of pasting images in current forum. When I tried to paste image from buffer in previous comment, image was pasted in both editors - editor for changing comment and editor for new comment.

• Do you get any javascript errors when you try to paste an image?

https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors

• edited March 2018

No errors when I pressed Ctrl-V with image in the buffer

• is the error only with wysiwyg.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• I've checked all other post formats. And posting image from buffer is working on all other formats except wysiwyg format.

• I didn't check mobile formats.

• wysiwyg is not flawless in vanilla. - you might file on github if you haven't already.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• @Caylus, could you fix it too or file it on github?

• Sorry man, I can't replicate the problem on my end... Even with Wysiwyg it works at my end.
    So I haven't got a clue what is going wrong, and then if I'd file an issue and they can't find anything, it would be quite inefficient for them to ask me what's wrong, and then I'd have to ask you what's wrong, etc. etc.

Could you make an account on Github yourself?
    You can report issues here: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues

Just to be sure: When you tested it with a fresh installation no other plugins were activated?

• edited March 2018

I tested with default enabled plugins with a fresh installation. No one additional plugin was added.

Ok, I'll try to create account on Github and add new issue. Thank you.