Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hide 'Draft Saved' pop-up?

edited March 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

The intermittent pop-up that notifies the user that a draft has been saved is bothering some of my users. I want to hide it ideally without changing core code so that it doesn't get overwritten on future upgrades. Is there a way to do this?

I briefly looked at the CSS but seems to be generic class for all notifications rather than a class just for drafts.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Not sure, but it might be that a popup without text will not be displayed. Try creating a custom translation string for "Draft saved at %s":

<?php

$Definition['Draft saved at %s'] = '';

• edited March 2018

Awesome, that worked great! Thanks :)

Only downside I've noticed to this whole approach is clicking 'Save' gives no indication that it's done anything. But perhaps I can play with some CSS in order to display a response to the users action for that.

• So in case others find this thread useful, here's the CSS to make sure the 'Save Comment' button still gives the impression of working when clicked:

.DraftButton:active:after {
        padding: 0;
        margin: 0;
        opacity: 1;
        transition: 0s
    }

.DraftButton:after {
        content: "Saved";
        position: absolute;
        right: 15px;
        bottom: 65px;
        opacity: 0;
        transition: all 2s
    }

This fades in some text near the button that says "Saved" and then fades out. Having it replace the existing button text directly proved too tricky with just CSS.