Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Updating to 2.5 => dashboard don't working

Hi team, thanks for the best forum-engine ever.
Recently updated to 2.5 but later find out the requirement to delete /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.settingscontroller.php
So I've deleted it, again replaced all the files in my folder with vanilla-core-2-5-1.zip content (except conf file) and carried out utility/update one more time.
But seems it didn't help, may be I should take the old sql+forum folder backups and update from scratch?
At the moment I have dashboard where from 3 top sections normally works "Moderation", partially works "Settings" (it seems to be frozen at first sub-section, e.g. I can't view "Themes" subsection - it just stays as is) and "Dashboard-SiteOverview" don't work at all ("Something has gone wrong").
I've tried to return the file class.settingscontroller.php back and remove it and return again etc - in case I'm deleting it => Settings and DashboardOverview top sections began to show "Page not found" error.
Enabling debugging in the conf just says "Notice: The addon with key redirector could not be found and will not be started."

What is the best steps to do further?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I think you have to delete all *.ini files in the /cache folder after deleting the settings controller

• Options

Damn it. The solution is quicker than the time I've spent to describe the problem.
    Cleaned the cache. Now everything works like a charm.

Vielen Dank.