Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

change aspect ratio of video player

Hi,

is there a way to change the aspect ratio of the media player embeded (youtube, vimeo, etc....)?
it's 4:3 by default and i wish to make it 16:9

thx for yout help

Comments

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

I believe embeds are being reworked right now, so that will probably be in 2.6 or 2.7

Interestingly, just adding this CSS (e.g. in a custom stylesheet)

.Video.YouTube .VideoPreview img {
        width:560px;
        height: 315px !important;
    }

...works just fine for YouTube videos. The preview image will be stretched, but the player adjusts itself to the preview dimensions.

• thx in the meantime i also found this trick to stretch the preview and player.
    it will be a great thing if we can adjust the size of media player directly in the options.

• @bozoleclown do you mean that you found a solution to the stretched preview image with the css styling? Is there a way to resize the video with stretching the preview?

• i found an other solution but the result is the same, the player is 16:9 and the preview is a 4:3 image generated by youtube stretched to 16:9
    it's not perfect but it's work.